NEW YORK RANGERS -4 at NEW JERSEY DEVILS -3
Tuesday, Oct. 21, 7:00 p.m. ET
Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
Rangers: 4-3-0 (8 pts)
Devils: 3-2-1 (7pts)
BY: THE NEW YORK RANGERS
- New York extended its winning streak to three games, and improved to 2-1-0 on the road this season.
- The Rangers have won 85 road games since the start of the 2010-11 season. They rank third in the NHL in road wins over the span.
- The Rangers have tallied four goals in each of their last two games. The Blueshirts have won their last 67 games in which they have scored at least four goals, dating back to a 5-2 victory on October 31, 2011 vs. San Jose. The Rangers have also earned at least one point in 89 consecutive games when they have registered at least four goals (88-0-1 record over the span), dating back to an 8-2 victory on November 14, 2010 vs. Edmonton.
- Eight different skaters recorded a point for the Rangers in the contest.
- The Rangers were 2-for-3 on the power play in the contest. The Blueshirts registered at least two power play goals in a game nine times during the 2013-14 season. New York has tallied a power play goal in three of its last four games against the Devils (4-for-13; 30.8% over the span). The Rangers recorded two power play goals in a regular season game against New Jersey for the first time since October 5, 2009.
- The Blueshirts have posted a 2-2-0 record when trailing after two periods this season. As of the conclusion of tonight’s game, the Rangers are tied for first in the NHL in wins when trailing after 40 minutes.
- New York has earned at least one point in 20 of its last 29 games against New Jersey, dating back to March 30, 2009 (17-9-3 record over the span). The Rangers have also recorded at least one point in seven of their last nine games against the Devils, dating back to March 19, 2013 (6-2-1 record over the span), and have won three straight games on the road against New Jersey.
Posted in Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports
Tagged Blueshirt, Chris Kreider, Derick Brassard, Elias Sports Bureau, Henrik Lundqvist, Kevin Klein, New Jersey, New York, NHL, Ranger, Ryan McDonagh
New York Rangers -0 vs. New Jersey Devils -3
October 04, 2014
New Jersey Devils (4-1-1)
New York Rangers (3-3-0)
- Hot at the Dot … The Rangers won 38 of 57 faceoffs (66.7%) in the game, as five of the six Blueshirts who took a faceoff won at least 50 percent of their draws. The Rangers won more faceoffs than their opponent in each of their final five preseason contests, going 156-for-263 (59.3%) at the faceoff dot in the five games. Continue reading
Posted in AHL, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports
Tagged Blueshirt, Cameron Talbot, Daniel Girardi, Dominic Moore, J.T. Miller, New York, Ranger, Rangers F.C.
NEW YORK RANGERS 2 vs. PHILADELPHIA CHEESESTEAKS 4
Wells Fargo Center
September 30, 2014
Out for the kill … The Rangers were 3-for-4 on the penalty kill, and registered a shorthanded goal in the contest. New York is 13-for-15 (86.7%) on the penalty kill in the preseason. The Blueshirts were tied for third in the NHL in shorthanded goals (10) in 2013-14.
Sacrificing the body… New York was credited with 25 blocked shots in the game. Eleven different skaters were credited with at least one blocked shot for the Blueshirts, while four Rangers blocked at least three shots. Continue reading
Posted in AHL, Connecticut Whale, CTWhale, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports
Tagged Alain Vigneault, Anthony Duclair, Blueshirt, Carl Hagelin, Dominic Moore, New York, NHL, Ranger
New York Rangers 6, Philadelphia Cheesesteaks 3
Mon. Sept. 29, 7:00 p.m. ET
Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
- Spreading the wealth … Nine different Rangers tallied a point in the contest, and seven different Blueshirts recorded at least two points. Four Rangers tallied a goal for the third consecutive preseason game, and at least nine Rangers have registered a point in each of the team’s three preseason games this year (10 players tallied a point in each of the first two preseason games). Over the first three preseason games, 10 different Rangers have recorded a goal and 22 different Blueshirts have registered a point. Continue reading
Posted in AHL, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports, Traverse City Tournament
Tagged Anthony Duclair, Blueshirt, Dan Boyle, Derick Brassard, Henrik Lundqvist, J.T. Miller, Ranger, Ryan McDonagh
BY: THE NEW YORK RANGERS
NEW YORK RANGERS at CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
- Friday, Sept. 26, 8:30 p.m. ET
- United Center – Chicago, IL
- Rangers: 0-1-0
- Blackhawks: 1-1-0*
The Rangers continue their 2014-15 preseason schedule against the Chicago Blackhawks tonight at United Center (8:30 p.m. – TV: MSG Network). Tonight’s matchup marks the second of six preseason contests for the Rangers, and it is also New York’s first road preseason game this year. The Blueshirts enter the contest with a 0-1-0 preseason record (0-1-0 at home, 0-0-0 on the road) following a 5-4 loss in their preseason opener against the New Jersey Devils on Monday at Madison Square Garden. Chicago has posted a 1-1-0 record in the preseason, after playing its second preseason contest last night against the Detroit Red Wings in Detroit. Continue reading
Posted in Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports
Tagged Blueshirt, Carl Hagelin, Henrik Lundqvist, New York Ranger, NHL, Ranger, Ryan Malone, Ryan McDonagh
RANGERS BEGIN 2014 TRAVERSE CITY TOURNAMENT
ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
Prospects will skate at MSG Training Center on September 11
BY: The New York Rangers
NEW YORK, September 9, 2014 – The New York Rangers will begin the 2014 Traverse City Tournament on Friday, September 12 with a matchup against the Dallas Stars at 7:00 p.m.
Prior to the Blueshirts’ first game in Traverse City, the 23 prospects representing the Rangers in the tournament will practice at MSG Training Center on Thursday, September 11 at 11:00 a.m.
The Rangers will be competing in the Ted Lindsay Division, and face-off against Dallas, Buffalo, and Carolina in round-robin play. Following their game against the Stars, the Rangers will play the Sabres on Saturday, September 13 at 7:00 p.m., and the Hurricanes on Monday, September 15 at 6:30 p.m. The Rangers’ placement following the round-robin games will determine who they will play in the placement game. Continue reading
Posted in AHL, Connecticut Whale, CTWhale, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Traverse City Tournament
Tagged Blueshirt, Carl Hagelin, Dallas Stars, Derek Stepan, Marc Staal, New York Ranger, Ranger, Ryan McDonagh, Traverse City Michigan
BY: The New York Rangers
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today the team’s roster for the 2014 Traverse City Tournament in Traverse City, Michigan
. The Blueshirts are making their eighth consecutive appearance in the eight-team tournament. The Rangers’ prospects begin the tournament on Friday, September 12 with a matchup against the Dallas Stars
New York’s roster features 23 prospects, including 2014 draft picks Brandon Halverson, Keegan Iverson, Ryan Mantha, Richard Nejezchleb, and Daniel Walcott. Six prospects on the roster played for one of the Rangers’ minor league affiliates during the 2013-14 season, while eight also represented the Blueshirts during the 2013 Traverse City Prospects Tournament.
Posted in AHL, Connecticut Whale, CTWhale, ECHL, Greenville Road Warriors, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hockey, New York Rangers, NHL, Sports, Traverse City Tournament, XL Center
Tagged Anthony Duclair, Blueshirt, Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Marc Staal, Michigan, New York, Port Moody, Ranger, Traverse City