– SHOOTING GALLERY – The Rangers registered 38 shots on goal in tonight’s game, and nine different Blueshirts recorded three or more shots on goal in the contest. The Blueshirts have recorded 30 or more shots on goal in four of five games thus far in 2017-18.
– KILL ZONE – The Rangers were 3-for-3 (5:58) on the penalty kill in the contest and only allowed one shot on goal while shorthanded. New York has not allowed a power-play goal in two of its last three games (7-for-8; 87.5% over the span). The Rangers did not allow a power-play goal in 43 games last season.
– CHALLENGE ACCEPTED – New York successfully challenged a goal due to goaltender interference in the first period of tonight’s game. The Rangers have successfully challenged two of three goals thus far in 2017-18 (66.7%), including both goals which were ultimately disallowed due to goaltender interference.
– FIRST IN SCORE – The Rangers have registered the first goal of the game in two of the last three contests.
– Henrik Lundqvist was selected as the Third Star of tonight’s contest, as he stopped 40 of 42 shots he faced in the game and made at least 10 saves in each period in the contest. He made at least 40 saves in a game for the 21st time in his NHL career; he has posted a 12-2-7 record, along with a 1.69 GAA, a .961 SV%, and 4 SO in those 21 contests. Lundqvist has allowed two goals or fewer in each of the last three games, posting a 1.36 GAA, a .959 SV% (94 saves on 98 shots), and 1 SO in those three contests.
– Kevin Hayes registered the first goal of the game and recorded three shots on goal in tonight’s contest. Since Hayes entered the NHL in 2014-15, 106 of his 132 career NHL points have either been a goal or the primary assist on a goal (80.3% of his points have been primary points). He led the Rangers in road points last season (30; 11 goals, 19 assists). Hayes has recorded four points (two goals, two assists) in his last four games against Columbus.
– Morning Skate Schedule: The Rangers will not have a morning skate prior to tomorrow’s contest.